Week of the Young Child
April 18, 2017
The Week of the Young Child™ is sponsored by NAEYC to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families. It is a time to recognize that children's opportunities are our responsibilities, and to recommit ourselves to ensuring that each and every child experiences the type of early environment—at home, at child care, at school, and in the community—that will promote their early learning.
Join in the week-long celebration at PIC!
- Monday - Mix Match Monday! Wear stripes and polka dots, wear you clothes backwards or simply mix match socks.
- Tuesday - Career Day! What does your child want to be when they grow up? Let them come dressed as if they were off to work.
- Wednesday - Bubbles & Music on the playground and Tot Lot
- Thursday - Pajamas & Pizza! Wear you favorite pjs to school on Pizza day!
- Friday - Family Friday! Families are invited to come into the classrooms and read to the children individually or as a whole group activity.
Learn more about all of these activities from your child's teachers