PIC Winter Weather Procedures
- We will follow the decision of the University of Pennsylvania. If they close, we will also close (Penn is our landlord and responsible for our snow and ice removal).
- If the Mayor closes city buildings due to snow/ice, we will consider following that lead. Often that decision is made because Septa routes are out of service, which has a huge impact upon PIC staffing.
- We will not follow the decision of the School District to close, as their benchmarks for closing are different than ours.
- When the school district closes and PIC does not, our After School Center will be open.
- If the school district closes early, our ASC will be open for care IF the district gives us ample notice to bring in ASC staff. We will then pick up the children when the schools close. If enough notice is NOT given, we will communicate with families that we cannot open before our regular afternoon start time.
- If we call for a 2-hour delayed opening, we will open at 10:00 am.
You will soon be receiving notification about our new automated communication system (School Messenger) for snow closings and delays. This system will send text and e-mail messages to all PIC families for whom we have updated contact information.
We will also post information about closings or delays on our homepage and voicemail. We will continue to use the TV announcements for channels CBS3, 6ABC, NBC10 and Fox29. Parents may also listen to KYW News Radio 1060 AM or visit their website for school closing information. Our school number is 3018.