Kindergarten Registration Info
January 24, 2017
PIC provides this information in order to offer families the resources they need to support the growth and development of their children.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2017-2018 school year will be held February 28 through May 31, 2017.
- Kindergarten Registration: February 28-May 31, 2017
- Kindergarten Open House Day: March 7, 2017
- Kindergarten Open House Week: May 8-May 12, 2017
Kindergarten Registration Policies from the School District
- Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1. No exceptions.
- The School District does not test for early admission to kindergarten under any circumstances.
- Any 6-year-old child, who did not attend kindergarten, may attend kindergarten instead of 1st grade, at the written request of the parent(s).
- For 1st grade, children must reach the compulsory school age of six on or before September 1.
- Visit your neighborhood school or use School Finder (https://webapps1.philasd.org/school_finder/) to locate the nearest school. Be sure to bring the documents listed on the district website.
- When a pupil applies for admission to any school, it becomes the responsibility of the school to complete enrollment if he/she resides within the boundary lines, or immediately secure accurate information as to where the pupil should apply.
If you have questions, contact Sharai Cunningham at email@example.com or call (215) 400-6140.