How we appreciate our staff
April 12, 2017
Staff Appreciation Week April 24- April 28
During Staff Appreciation Week, we organize a week-long celebration of our teachers. It is a time when the Board, administors, and families recognize our teachers for the hard work that they do each day.
We have a wonderful tradition of families posting a note of appreciation for each teacher in the room on a bulletin board outside the classroom. Whether handmade or not, a board filled with colorful cards shows a lot of love!
On Thursday, April 27 from 1 - 3 pm, a Sweet and Savory Buffet will be set-up in the Small Gym (Spruce) offering teachers a light bite to get through the afternoon.
- Bring in a finger food or sweet treat ready to serve
- Drop food in the classroom or Small Gym (Spruce) by 12:30 pm
- Earn 1 PPP hour
- Volunteer at the buffet to earn more PPP
Volunteers are needed on Thursday for set-up, to welcome teachers to the buffet, and to help break down the buffet. Please email Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
In addition, a special activity is planned for each day of the week. This year the schedule is as follows:
- Monday – PIC Goody Give-away to teachers
- Tuesday – Teacher Brunch (from PIC administrators)
- Wednesday – Teacher Lunch (from the Board)
- Thursday - Sweet and Savory Buffet (from parents) 1-3 pm
- Friday - Day-long Raffle (prize donations welcome)
If you have any questions about the week, please get in touch with your Room Parent.